Malpua is a pancake made of mawa, maida and then cooked malpuas are dipped in sugar syrup. It is a rich dessert and very often served with rabdi. I love malpuas of Pushkar, Ajmer. They are so soft and yummy that i never forget to have them whenever i use to visit pushkar. I tried to make malpuas and they taste heavenly. My hubby loved it.
Mawa or khoya: 1 cup
Milk: 2 cup
Maida: 1 cup
Sugar: 2 cup
Green cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Saffron: few strands
Ghee: for deep frying
Pista: 10- 12
1. Grate mawa or khoya. Take 1 cup luke warm milk and add mawa to it . Mix till it becomes smooth.
2. Then add maida to it. Keep in mind that no lumps should be formed. Keep on adding remaining milk in small quantity. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile we will prepare sugar syrup. Heat 2 cups of sugar with 1 cup of water on a medium flame. Add saffron strands and cardamom powder also. Sugar syrup should be of 1 string consistency.
4. Now heat ghee in a kadai. Put laddlefull of batter in ghee. Put it in centre and it will spread by its own.
5. Cook on medium flame till becomes light golden brown in colour.
6. Immediately put cooked malpuas in sugar syrup.
7. After 5 minutes take them from sugar syrup and place it on serving plate.
8. Garnish them with chopped pistachios and serve. You can also serve malpuas by putting rabri over them.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.