Vegetable is a simple easy to made recipe and is very tasty and satisfying too. Add lots of vegetables of your choice and prepare this tasty pulao. I am adding vegetables of my choice, you can add or skip or according to your taste.
Basmati rice: 1 cup
Carrot : 1 chopped
Ginger: 1 tbsp grated
Onion: 2 sliced
Peas: 1/4 cup
French beans: 1/4 cup chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf: 1
Black pepper: 4-5
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Badi elaichi: 1
Oil: 2-3 tbsp
Water: 2 cup
1. Rinse and soak rice in water for 20- 30 minutes.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in pressure cooker. Add badi elaichi, bay leaf, black pepper, cumin seeds, cloves and saute .
3. Add ginger and onions and saute till onions become transluscent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, carrots, french beans, peas and saute for 4-5 minutes.
5. Drain the water from rice and add them to pressure cooker. Add salt, red chili powder, jeera powder, turmeric powder. Add water and close the lid of cooker.
6. Cook till first whistle on high flame. Reduce the heat and cook on low flame for five more minutes.
7. Let the pressure cooker cools completely. Open the lid and serve hot rice .
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.