Wheat Appam is an easy recipe which is very healthy as here minimum oil is used. I am using appam pan here. I am using same tempering which i had earlier used for making rava masala dosa. I love the flavors of onion and curry leaves in that so i am adding that to wheat and sooji mix. I love them as they are very light, soft and tasty.
Serving: 4 people
Wheat flour: 1 cup
Sooji: 1/2 cup
Curd: 1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
Water: as required
Eno salt: 1 pouch
Oil: 2 tbsp
Curry leaves: 8-10
Mustard seeds or rai: 2 tbsp
Onions: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Jeera or cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
1. Add wheat flour and sooji in a mixing bowl. Add curd, salt, red chili powder and mix. Keep in mind that no lumps are formed.
2. Add little water and form a thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves. When they starts to crackle add chopped onion and green chili. Saute for a minute.
4. Put it in sooji- atta batter and mix well. Add eno fruit salt and mix . Batter will get frothy.
5. Grease appam pan. Put it on stove.
6. Add batter in it and cook on medium flame. Flip the side and cook.
7. Serve with chutney of your choice.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.