Falafel is a middle eastern dish. Falafel is a deep fried patty made from chickpeas or kabulichana . They are eaten alone as a snack or served in pita bread pockets. As falafel are made of chickpeas they are rich in protein, fiber,iron. To reduce fat content they can be baked instead of deep frying.
Chickpeas or kabulichana: 2 cups soaked overnight and drained
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
Garlic: 2 tbsp chopped
Cumin or jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Parsley: 2 tbsp chopped
Onion: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Ginger: 1 tbsp grated
Red chili flakes: 1/4 tsp
Maida: 2-3 tbsp
Baking powder: 1 /4 tsp
Oil: for deep frying
1. Soak kabulichana or chickpeas overnight. Drain water.
2. Put kabulichana in a grinder and add onions, parsely, coriander, ginger, garlic and grind them to a grainy consistency.
3. Add salt, black pepper powder, red chili flakes, baking powder, maida and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Divide mixture into equal portions.
5. Shape portions in round balls and put it hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown.
6. Drain on kitchen towel and serve hot with hummus dip.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.