Another light, healthy and easy to made breakfast recipe is Sooji toast. I have added tomatoes , onion in sooji mixture and applied it on bread slices. This is also a good option for kids lunch box. You can add any chopped vegetables of your choice.
Servings: makes 6-7 sooji toast
Bread slices: 6
Sooji: 1 cup
Tomato: 1 chopped
Capsicum: 1 chopped
Onion: 1 chopped
Fresh cream : 3 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder:: 1/4 tsp
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
Butter: for shallow frying
Water: for making batter
Mozzarella cheese: 2tbsp grated
1. Put sooji in a mixing bowl. Add fresh cream and mix well.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, onion, capsicum, coriander and add little water and mix. Mixture should be thick like some cheese spread.
3. Add all spices and mix.
4. Heat a non stick tawa. Spread sooji mix on bread slice.
5. Put 1 tsp butter on tawa and put sooji bread slice on it. Bread side on which sooji mixture is applied will be put facing towards butter side. Cook for a minute on low flame.
6. Flip the side applying a little more butter. Apply 1 tbsp grated mozzarella on upper side. Cook it till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.