Aloo Bonda is an Maharashtrian snack. Aloo bondas are yummy potato recipe in which spicy potato balls are dipped in gram flour batter and then fried. Monsoon is on the way so you can enjoy these delicious aloo bondas during rains.
Servings: Makes 8-9 aloo bondas
Potatoes: 5-6 boiled and peeled
Onions: 1 finely chopped
Green chilli: 1 finely chopped
Oil: 1 tbsp+ for deep frying
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Ginger: 1 tsbp finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 tbsp finely chopped
Mustard seeds or rai: 1/4 tsp
Besan or gram flour: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Asafoetida or heeng: a pinch
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
Rice flour: 1 tbsp
Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
Water: 1/2 cup water
1. Mash potatoes. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds starts to crackle add onions. Saute till they become translucent.
2. Add ginger, green chilli, salt, red chilli powder, jeera powder, haldi powder and coriander. Add mashed potatoes , mix them well and cook for 2 minutes . Keep them aside.
3. Put besan in a bowl . Add rice flour, salt, baking soda, salt, black pepper, heeng and mix well.
4. Add water and make a thick flowing batter.
5. Make medium sized balls from potato mixture.
6. Heat oil in a kadai. Dip potato balls in besan batter and deep fry them till they become golden brown in colour. Place them on absorbent paper so that excess oil can be removed.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.