Samak or samvat rice are made during navratris. They are easy to prepare. You can prepare them in different forms. Either you can add potatoes to it or you can made them plain or have them with aloo sabji. I am making it by adding only tomatoes.
Samak rice: 1 cup
Tomato: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Rock salt or sendha namak: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Water: 2 cups
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander: 1 tbsp chopped
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
1. Rinse rice and soak in water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add jeera and let it splutter.
3. Add tomatoes and saute till soft. Add samak rice and all spices and mix.
4. Put water in it and cook for 5 minutes on low flame after first whistle.
5. Serve these rice with vrat wale aloo ki sabji.