Samak rice or sama ke chawal or Barnyard millets is made during navratra fast. I usually made sama rice but today i tried sama rice roti. I have added potatoes in it to give it a shape of roti.
Sama or Samvat rice: 1 cup
Potato: 2 boiled
Sendha namak: to taste
Coriander: 1 tbsp chopped
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Green chili: 1 chopped
1. Wash rice and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Drain water and put sama rice in mixing bowl.
2. Add boiled mashed potato, sendha namak, chopped coriander, red chili powder, green chili and mix. Add little water in and knead it to a soft dough.
3. Divide the dough in equal balls.
4. Take a plastic polythene or muslin cloth. Grease a little with oil. Put one ball on plastic polythene, fold it and roll it with rolling pin. Roti will be a little thick and not very thin.
5. Heat a tawa. Pour a little oil on it. Pick rolled sama rice chapati on one hand and place it on tawa. Cook from both sides by applying more oil. Cook till golden brown from both sides.
6. Serve it with dhania chutney or aloo ki sabji.