Kaju katli or cashew fudge is favorite mithai or sweet at my place. As diwali season is on the way i tried to make kaju katli at home. During diwali season and marriages kaju katli is the most popular choice of sweet which is gifted to relatives and friends. I am serving it plain as chandi ka varak or varak is not used at my place. This mithai can also be eaten during navratras.
Kaju: 200 gm
Sugar: 100 gm
Water: 1/4 cup
Ghee: 2-3 tbsp
1. Put kajus in grinder and grind them to smooth powder.
2. In a thick bottom pan or kadai cook sugar and water on low flame. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes after sugar gets dissolved.
3. Put powdered kaju in sugar mix and cook till whole mixture thickens. It takes about 7-8 minutes.
4. Put mixture in a bowl and let it cool. When it is hot enough to take in hand knead it.
5. Make a ball from it. Place it on butter paper and roll gently in 1/3 inch thick round shape.
6. Cut it into diamond shape pieces and let it it cool for 10 minutes.
7. Separate the pieces and enjoy this yummy kaju katli.