Kaju katli or cashew fudge is favorite mithai or sweet at my place. As diwali season is on the way i tried to make kaju katli at home. During diwali season and marriages kaju katli is the most popular choice of sweet which is gifted to relatives and friends. I am serving it plain as chandi ka varak or varak is not used at my place. This mithai can also be eaten during navratras.
Kaju: 200 gm
Sugar: 100 gm
Water: 1/4 cup
Ghee: 2-3 tbsp
1. Put kajus in grinder and grind them to smooth powder.
2. In a thick bottom pan or kadai cook sugar and water on low flame. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes after sugar gets dissolved.
3. Put powdered kaju in sugar mix and cook till whole mixture thickens. It takes about 7-8 minutes.
4. Put mixture in a bowl and let it cool. When it is hot enough to take in hand knead it.
5. Make a ball from it. Place it on butter paper and roll gently in 1/3 inch thick round shape.
6. Cut it into diamond shape pieces and let it it cool for 10 minutes.
7. Separate the pieces and enjoy this yummy kaju katli.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.