Awwww……cake with icecream. This is a yummy combination of butter scotch icecream, cake and cherries. I had prepared this cake for the very first time on my sister’s birthday. Everyone in my family loved this yummm cake.
1. Basic sponge cake: 1 round ( I had already posted basic sponge cake recipe earlier. Please refer to the link. I am posting recipe of basic sponge cake in the notes below.)
2. Butter scotch ice cream: 1 cup
3. Cherries: 18-20 (remove their seeds)
4. Chocolate syrup: 4 tbsp
1. Half the sponge cake horizontally.
2. Mix half cherries and ice cream and spread on half of sponge cake. Also spread chocolate sauce over it.
3.Put second half over it. Spread remaining ice cream and chocolate syrup over it.
4. Keep it in freezer for about one hour.
5. Enjoy this yummy ice cream cake.
Notes: For sponge cake
Maida: 1 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence: 1 tbsp
Milkmaid or condensed milk: 1/2 tin
Sodium bicarbonate:1 tbsp
Baking powder: 1 tbsp
Unsalted butter: 4 tbsp
1.Sift maida with baking powder and sodium bicarbonate. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2.In a bowl add sugar and butter and beat them till batter become light and fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix.
3. Add milk and vanilla essence and mix well. Now gradually add maida mixture and mix well for 4-5 minutes.
4.Pour this batter to greased tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes on 180 degree celsius.