One of my favorite sabji is kathal sabji. Soft raw jackfruit absorbs all flavors of spices and taste very nice.
Kathal: 250 gm
Oil: 2 tbsp+ for frying
Ginger- garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Yogurt or dahi: 1/4 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Green chili: 1 chopped
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
1. Apply oil to knife and to your hands and peel the jack fruit. Cut them into 1 inch long pieces.
2. In a bowl add dahi, ginger-garlic paste, salt, haldi powder and mix. Add kathal or jack fruit pieces and keep them aside for 15 minutes.
3. Deep fry them till golden brown and remove on absorbent paper.
4. Grind onion and tomatoes to a smooth paste.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in pressure cooker. Add onion and tomato paste and saute till oil starts separating from it. Add all spices and mix well.
6. Add jack fruit pieces and remaining dahi and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and cook till one whistle.
7. Garnish with coriander and green chili and serve hot with chapati.