Mushroom matar a spicy delicious curry recipe which we used to prepare almost twice a week in winters. Gravy is like most others North Indian gravy.
Mushroom: 250 gm chopped
Peas : 1/2 cup
Onion: 1 chopped
Ginger- garlic paste: 2 tbsp
Tomato: 2 pureed
Cinnamon stick: 1/2 inch
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander or dhania powder: 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts: 10- 12
Oil: 2-3 tbsp
1. Make a paste of kaju or cashew nuts by adding water.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add laung or cloves and dalchini. Add chopped onions and saute for a minute.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and saute. Add tomato puree , salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, dhania or coriander powder and saute on medium flame till oil leaves masala.
4. Add kaju paste and 1/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
5. Now add chopped mushroom and peas. Cover the pan and cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes.
6. Once the gravy thickens and peas softened add garam masla and cook for 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve matar mushroom with roti or naan.