I love to eat poha in breakfast very much. But today i tried to made crispy cutlets from poha by mixing them with boiled potatoes, onions and some spices. And these poha cutlets came out very well. Easy to made snack and you can make them for your kitty parties, for some family get together and also you can pack them for lunch for your kids. So try out these crispy yummy cutlets.
Poha: 2 cups
Potatoes: 3-4 small boiled
Onions: 1 chopped
Green chilli: 1 chopped
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
Salt: to taste
Cumin seeds or jeera: 1/2 tsp
Rai or mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder or haldi: 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Amchoor powder: 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice: 2tbsp
Maida or refined flour: 2 tbsp
Kaju or cashew nuts: 7-8 chopped
Oil: for deep frying
1. Wash poha 2-3 times with water and keep it aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and jeera and let it splutter. Add onions and saute for a minute. Add maida to it and cook for a minute. Remove from gas.
3. Add salt, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, green chilli, coriander and mix. Add boiled potatoes, and mix well.
4. Now put poha, kaju, lemon juice to it and mix well. Form cutlets from this mixture.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Put 3-4 cutlets at a time and fry them till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Serve these cutlets with green chutney or any chutney of your choice.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.