Curd idli or dahi idli is a dish which was in my mind since long but tried it 2 days back only. I had curd idli 2 years back in a small restaurant in sidhivinayak temple Mumbai. It was too yummy. Me and my mother-in-law loved the taste. So we tried it and it was just mouthwatering.
Curd: 3 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Salt: 1/4 tsp
Sugar: 1-2 tbsp powdered
Kaju or cashew nuts: 5-6 powdered
Green chilli: 2 chopped
Fresh coconut: 2 tbsp grated
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 4-5
Dried red chilli: 2-3 broken into pieces
Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
Heeng or asafoetida: a pinch
Oil: 1 tbsp
1. Make mini idlis in regular way OR you can go to my Rice idli recipe.
2. Beat curd, add milk and mix well. Add salt, powdered sugar, powdered cashewnuts and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they starts to splutter add curry leaves, dhuli urad dal, dry red chillis. Add this to curd.
4. Cut idlis into 4 parts. Put idlis in curd. Also add chopped green chillis and grated coconut. Keep this in refrigerator for half an hour.
5. Serve this chilled and you will love the taste.
Note: Put idlis in curd half an hour before serving or it will get soggy.