Aloo tikki is a north Indian snack made of boiled potatoes, onions, peas and various spices. They are found in almost every part of India but in some places it is served with tamarind or imli chutney, at some places with green chutney and sometimes with chickpea or kabuli chana also. I am presenting you recipe aloo tikki with chholay.
Boiled potato: 4-5
Boiled peas: 1/2 cup
Ginger: 2tsp grated
Green chillies: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder:1 tsp
Garam masala:1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: for shallow frying
Kabuli chana:250 gm
Tea powder:1 tsp
Green chilli:1 chopped
Red chilli powder:1/2 tsp
Cumin or jeera powder:1/2tsp
Amchoor powder:1/2 tsp
Black cardamom :1
Cinnamon:1/2 inch piece
Coriander :for garnishing
For aloo tikki:
1. Take boiled potatoes in a bowl. Mash them. Add green chilli, peas, coriander and all other spices.Mix them well.
2.Divide the mixture into six portions and shape them into round tikkis.
3.Take bread crumbs in a plate. Coat these tikkis with breadcrumbs.
4.Heat oil on a tawa. Put tikkis on tawa. Shallow fry these tikkis from both sides on medium flame till they become golden and crisp.
5.Place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
1. Soak chana overnight.
2. Tie tea leaves in a muslin cloth.Put chana in cooker with muslin potli and dried amla. Dried amla and tea will give dark colour to chana.Boil the chana till it gets soft completely.It will take about 30-40 minutes to boil completely.
3.Roast cinnamon,cloves,black pepper,cardamom,corriander seeds.Grind them in a mixer.It will give a nice aroma.
4. Discard tea potli and amla. Heat oil in a kadai. Add grated ginger.Add chopped ginger and pureed tomatoes.Saute on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add red chilli powder, jeera powder, amchoor powder, haldi or turmeric powder, anardana powder. Saute for one more minute.
6.Also add dry masala powder which we had prepared earlier.
7. Add boiled chana and salt and mix well.
To serve: Put 2 tikkis on plate. Lightly crush them. Add chholay over it . Put chopped onions and coriander. Also put imli chutney over it and serve hot. Enjoy this yummy aloo tikki.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.