Bread pakora is favorite tea time snack and also a breakfast recipe of us Indians. It is very easy to make, just dip bread slices in besan or gramflour batter and deep fry them. Bread pakoras are also good option for kids lunch boxes, and for picnis.
Bread slices: 8
Besan: 1 cup
Sooji: 1/4 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 1 tsp+ for deep frying
Baking soda: a pinch
Garam masla: 1/4 tsp
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
Water: as required
1. Take besan and sooji in a mixing bowl. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, oil,baking soda, haldi powder, chopped coriander and mix. Add water to make a thick batter. No lumps should be formed while mixing.
2. Cut bread slices in rectangles or in triangles.
3. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
4. Dip bread slice in besan batter and coat bread slices evenly with besan.
5. Add besan coated bread slices in hot oil and deep fry on medium flame till bread pakoras become crispy and golden brown.
6. Place bread pakoras on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.