Bread pakora is favorite tea time snack and also a breakfast recipe of us Indians. It is very easy to make, just dip bread slices in besan or gramflour batter and deep fry them. Bread pakoras are also good option for kids lunch boxes, and for picnic. Earlier i had posted plain bread pakora recipe, stuffed aloo pakora . Now i am posting paneer bread pakora recipe. In winter mornings and also as evening snack we use to prepare paneer bread pakoras.
Bread slices: 8
Paneer: 250 gm
Besan: 1 cup
Sooji: 1/4 cup
Salt: to taste
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: a pinch
Amchoor powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Green chutney: 4 tbsp
Tomato ketchup: 4 tbsp
Oil: for deep frying
1. Take besan and sooji in a mixing bowl. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, oil,baking soda, haldi powder, chopped coriander and mix. Add water to make a thick batter. No lumps should be formed while mixing.
2. Cut paneer pieces in rectangles and sprinkle salt, red chili powder, jeera powder over it.
3. Take one bread slice. Spread green chutney over it. Put paneer slice over it.
4. Apply tomato ketchup on other bread slice and put it over paneer.
5. Cut this paneer bread sandwich diagonally.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
7. Dip paneer stuffed bread slice in besan batter and coat bread slices evenly with besan.
8. Put besan coated bread slices in hot oil and deep fry on medium flame till paneer bread pakoras become crispy and golden brown.
9. Place paneer bread pakoras on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
10. Serve these stuffed paneer bread pakoras with imli chutney or tomato ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.