This is for the first time that i tried my hands in making appe. They are easy to prepare and are oil free. I am using chana dal, urad dal and dhuli moong dal here. Hope you all will like it.
Chana dal: 1/4 cup
Moong dal or split green gram: 1/4 cup
Urad dal: 2-3 tbsp
Onion : 1 finely chopped
Salt: to taste
Green chili: 1 chopped
Dahi: 3-4 tbsp
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Hing or asafoetida: a pinch
Oil: 1/2 tsp for greasing
Coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
1. Combine all dals and soak for 3-4 hours.
2. Grind all dals. Add dahi, salt, red chili powder, coriander, green chili, hing, jeera powder, chopped onion and mix well. Keep it for one hour.
3. After one hour heat appe pan. Grease appe pan first.
4. Put appe batter in moulds.
5. Cover with lid and cook on low flame.
6. After 2-3 minutes turn the sides of appe. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
7. Serve with chutney of your choice.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.