We can make different types of appe in an appe pan. Earlier i had posted chana-moong dal appe, now here i am with rice and urad dal appe. They are cooked in very less oil and taste very good . So here’s the recipe of delicious rice urad dal appe. Eat these appe with peanut chutney or imli ki chutney and it feels very good
Rice: 2 cup
Urad dal: 1/2 cup
Oil: for greasing appe pan
Salt: to taste
Baking soda: 1/4 tsp or you can use eno powder too.
1. Soak rice and urad dal overnight or for 5 hrs. After them grind them to a smooth paste.
2. Now ferment the batter for 4-5 hours. If you are in hurry then you can add eno or baking powder.
3. Nor grease appe pan with oil and pour batter in each section.
4. Cover with lid and cook on medium heat for 1 minute. After that turn appe upside down and cook for one more minute on medium flame.
5. Take them on plate and serve with chutney of your choice.