Wheat porridge or meetha dalia is a popular breakfast in India. It is cooked with milk and water and sugar or gur is added . I have added nuts also which makes it more healthy and nutritious. Dalia is rich in fibres and have high protein contents in it. Dalia or porridge is very healthy especially for your kids.
Servings: 3-4 people
Broken wheat or dalia: 1 cup
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Milk: 2 cup
Water: 1 cup
Sugar: 3 tbsp
Dry nuts(almonds, walnuts, raisins, cashewnuts): 1/4 cup chopped
1. Heat a pan or pressure cooker. Add ghee in it. Add dalia and saute on medium flame till light brown or it gives a soothing aroma.
2. Add 1 cup water and cover pan with lid. Cook for 7-8 minutes or till it becomes soft. If you are using pressure cooker then cook for 4-5 minutes after first whistle.
3. Add milk to it and cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
4. Add sugar and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Also add nuts to it.
5. Serve this hot and enjoy your breakfast.