Once again i am here with Punjabi recipe……sada punjabiyan da favorite ji sarson ka saag. Just have sarson ka saag and makki ki roti with glass of lassi and the feeling is like……wahhhh…waaah ji waah. So here’s the recipe …..enjoy these last winter days with this traditional Punjabi food.
Sarson ke patte: 1 bunch
Spinach or palak : 1/2 bunch
Bathua: 1/4 bunch
Chopped garlic: 1 tbsp
Chopped ginger: 1tbsp
Onion: 2 sliced
Green chili: 2 chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 4 tbsp
Tomatoes : 2 chopped
Hing: a pinch
Makka or cornflour: 1 tbsp
Water: 1/2 cup
1. Roughly chop sarson saag leaves, bathua , palak leaves and wash thoroughly. Add water in cooker and pressure cook all leaves till 1st whistle. Let it cool and then make a paste by grinding them in grinder.
2. Make a paste of onions , ginger- garlic, green chili and tomatoes.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add heeng. Add the onion tomato paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add haldi powder and mashed mustard or sarson- spinach mix.
5. Mix cornflour in little water and add to above paste.
6. Add salt, red chili powder, jeera powder and cook till green paste is cooked well. Cook for about 10- 15 minutes on medium flame.
7. Serve hot with makki ki roti and lassi.