Bread pakora is favorite tea time snack and also a breakfast recipe of us Indians. It is very easy to make, just dip bread slices in besan or gramflour batter and deep fry them. Bread pakoras are also good option for kids lunch boxes, and for picnic. I had tried to make it another way by stuffing spicy chopped vegetables in it.
Onion: 1 chopped
Capsicum: 1 chopped
Corn kernels: 1/2 cup boiled
Cheese: 1/2 cup grated
Paneer: 1/2 cup
Mushroom chopped: 1/4 cup
Green chili: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp+for spreading on bread slices
Soya sauce: 1/2 tbsp
Brown bread slices: 8
Oregano: 1/2 tsp
Butter: 2-3 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Oil: for deep frying
For besan batter:
Besan: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Water as required
1. For making besan batter, add besan in a bowl. Add salt, red chili powder, jeera powder and mix well. Add water and form a thick batter.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, Chopped mushroom, chopped capsicum and saute on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add corn kernels, paneer, and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add salt, black pepper powder, oregano, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and mix them well. Add half of grated cheese and mix again . Our stuffing is ready.
5. Heat oil in a kadai.
6. Now take one brown bread slice. Spread stuffing on it evenly. Cover it with other brown bread slice. Slice them in triangle shape.
Dip vegetable stuffed bread slice in besan batter and coat bread slices evenly with besan.
7. Put besan coated bread slices in hot oil and deep fry on medium flame till bread pakoras become crispy and golden brown.
8. Place bread pakoras on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.