Nariyal burfi a popular Indian dessert made of nariyal or coconut. It is easy to made and does not require many ingredients. We can prepare nariyal burfi for festivals like Raksha bandhan, diwali, Janmashtmi etc.
Servings: 8-10 people
Grated nariyal or nariyal bura: 200 gm
Mawa or khoya: 200 gm
Sugar: 250 gm
Water: 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
Pistachios: 15- 20 chopped
Ghee: 2-3 tbsp
1. Put khoya in kadai and cook on low flame till it becomes light pink in color. Keep stirring.
2. Foe making sugar syrup, take a sauce pan put water and add sugar to it. Cook on low flame till it get consistency of 2 strings.
3. Now add nariyal bura or desiccated coconut in sugar syrup. Also add mawa or khoya, half pistachios, cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Take thali and grease it by applying ghee to it. Pour and spread the nariyal-mawa mixture in thali. Garnish with remaining pistachios.
5. Place the tray covered by kitchen towel for 1-2 hrs.
6. After that cut them in square or diamond shape . Serve and enjoy.