Dry kale chane or sookhe kale is usually prepared on ashtami and navmi during navratris. But i love to eat these sookhe kale chane on regular days and i usually add chopped onions and tomatoes to made it more chatpate and tasty.
Kale chane: 1 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder: 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil: 4-5 tbsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder or haldi powder: 1/2 tsp
Dhania or coriander powder: 2tsp
1. Soak kale chole overnight in 3 cups water. In morning boil kala chana with same water in pressure cooker. Cook on high flame till 1st whistle and after 1st whistle cook on low flame for about 20-25 minutes or till they become soft.
2. Now heat 3-4 tbsp mustard oil in kadai. Add cumin seeds, when they starts to crack add boiled kale chane with water.( If all water from boiled chane gets evaporated add more water).
3. Add salt, red chili powder, jeera powder and cover with a plate and cook on medium flame. Cook for 8-10 minutes and stir in between.
4. Add garam masala, amchur powder, dhania powder and cook again by covering with lid for 5-10 minutes. Stir in between so that masala did not stick to bottom.
5. Add lemon juice and chopped onions and tomatoes if you are not preparing for navratras days.
6. Serve and enjoy with hot pooris.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.