Another breakfast recipe of North India is Onion paratha. Onion parathas tastes good with curd or aam ka acahr or mango pickle.
Atta or wheat flour: 4
Onion: 3-4 very finely chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander: 1 tbsp
Oil: for frying parathas
1. Make dough by mixing wheat flour and water.Make a dough like chapatis.Keep dough aside for half an hour to settle down at room temperature.
2. For stuffing, add chopped onions, green chili, salt, red chili powder, garama masala, chopped coriander and mix well.
3. Divide dough into five equal portions and make smooth ball.
4 . Take one ball and roll with help of rolling pin. Roll into 4 inch diameter.
5. Place onion stuffing in middle and wrap all sides.Again give shape of ball.
8.Dust some flour on roll and start rolling it. Roll into circle of diameter of 6 inch. Don’t make them too thin.
9.Heat tawa and place rolled paratha on it.Flip it and cook other side as well.
10. Apply desi ghee on both sides and cook till both layers of onion paratha become golden brown.
11. Serve hot by placing butter over it.Have these delicious parathas with achaar or curd.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.