One of the favorite vegetable in my home during summers is bhindi. There are lots of ways by which we can prepare bhindi as bhindi pyaz ki sabji, bhindi masala. Today i will be making bharwan besani bhindi.
Bhindi or okra: 250 gm
Besan: 5-6 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Dry coriander powder: 1 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Ginger- garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Amchur powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Mustard oil: 1 tbsp+ 3 tbsp
1. Wash bhindi, dry them with kitchen towel, remove tip and tail of each bhindi, make a slit on them without cutting them thoroughly. Keep them aside.
2. Dry roast besan in a kadai on low heat till it becomes light brown and nice aroma comes out.
3. Now add this besan in a mixing bowl. Add all spices along with ginger garlic paste and 1 tbsp oil. Mix them well.
4. Fill this stuffing or masala in bhindis. Heat 2 tbsp oil in kadai. Add cumin seeds. When they start to crackle add bhindis.
5. Cook on high flame for 2-3 minutes. Now cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Turn the sides in between. If you have some left over masala with you sprinkle it on bhindis.
6. Turn them gently and cook again on high flame for 2-3 minutes .
7. Transfer bhindi to a serving bowl and serve with chapatis.