A Rajasthani dish which is very easy to prepare but has a very nice flavor. Rajasthani recipes uses basic ingredients available in the kitchen and turns them to delicious dishes by adding various dry spices to it. I usually used to prepare boondi sabji when no other vegetable is available to me and also if i am looking for some spicy sabji to eat.
Boondi unsalted: 250 gm
Onion: 1 chopped
Tomatoes: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Ginger: 1 tbsp grated
Garlic: 1/2 tsp chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder or cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder or dhania powder: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds: 2 tbsp
Coriander: for garnishing
1. Soak boondi in water for 10 minutes and then drain the water.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds. Add ginger, garlic and saute for a minute.
3. Add chopped onions and saute till they become translucent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and green chili. Cook till tomato becomes soft. Add turmeric powder, jeera powder, coriander powder and saute.
5. Add boondi, salt, garam masala, and mix. Add little water and simmer on high heat till water evaporates.
6. Transfer it to a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander and serve with chapatis or parathas.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.