Thai papaya salad is most commonly consumed dish in Thailand. It is easy to prepare and is very delicious. Traditionally palm sugar is used but i am using brown sugar here. Also as my mother in law prefers vegetarian only i am using soya sauce instead of using fish sauce.
Green papaya: 1 peeled and grated
Fresh red chilli : 1
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Roasted peanuts: 2 tbsp
Soya sauce: 1 tbsp
Brown sugar: 1 tbsp
Lime juice: 1 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Carrots: 1 grated
Spring onion greens: of 2 onions
Cucumber: 1 grated
Capsicum: 1/2 cup: green, red, yellow)
Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
1. Grate papaya, carrot and cucumber. Add them in cold water so that veggies should not leave their crunchiness.
2. Lightly crush roasted peanuts, garlic and red chilli.
3. Drain the water and put all veggies in bowl. Add roasted peanuts, garlic, and red chili.
4. Add brown sugar, salt, soya sauce, lemon juice, chopped tomatoes and toss well.
5. Add green capsicum, spring onions and mix well.
6. Toss gently and serve.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.