Rajma galouti kebab is a delicious recipe . It is vegetarian avatar of galouti kebab where minced meat is replaced with rajma. These kebab just melts in mouth and give you different flavors as rose water, kaju or cashew nuts, paneer , mawa or khoya and different spices.
Servings: 15 -18 galoutis
Rajma or kidney beans: 1 cup
Paneer: 150 gm
Khoya or mawa: 100 gm
Potatoes: 2 boiled and peeled
Cashew nuts: 15
Chironji or sunflower seeds: 1 tbsp
Green cardamoms: 3-4
Black cardamoms: 3-4
Jeera: 1 tsp
Black pepper: 8-10
Cinnamon: 1 inch stick
Saffron: a pinch
Rose water: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Oil or ghee: for shallow frying
Mint leaves: 10-12
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Green chili: 1 chopped
Chaat masala: 1 tsp
Gram flour or besan: 2-3 tbsp
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
1. Soak rajma for 7-8 hours or overnight. Boil in sufficient quantity of water till soft. Drain water and keep rajma aside.
2. Soak saffron or kesar in rose water. Dry roast black and green cardamoms, black pepper, jeera, dalchini or cinnamon, cloves. Grind them to fine paste.
3. Grind mint leaves, ginger, garlic, green chili, cashew nuts, chironji, and rajma together.
4. Dry roast mawa or khoya so that it becomes soft. In a bowl add mashed potatoes, khoya, grated paneer and rajma mixture which we had prepared earlier.
5. Add powdered spices, lemon juice, soaked saffron-rose water mix, besan. Mix all of them together. Add salt and mix well.
6. Now divide mixture in equal parts and give them shape of tikkis.
7. Heat a tawa. Put ghee on it. Shallow fry 3-4 tikkis at one time till they become light brown.
8. Serve these delicious tikkis with onion and green chutney.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.