Amla or Indian gooseberry is full of many benefits . It is a rich source of vitamin C and also contains iron. You can have amla in different forms. It helps in building immunity, improves digestion and many more benefits. We can make different dishes from amla as amla murabba, amla achar , chutney etc. But one thing which i think is very tasty is Amla candy. So here’s the recipe of this tasty healty amla candy.
Amla: 1/2 kg
Sugar: 375 gm
Jeera powder: 1 tbsp
1. Wash amla. Boil water in a vessel. Add all amlas in boiling water. Boil them for two minutes.
2. Let them in boiling water for 5- 10 minutes. Drain the water.
3. When amlas get cool down, slice them using knife and remove the seed.
4. Now put these slices in a large bowl and cover these amlas with 350 gm sugar and make powder of rest 25 gm sugar. Cover the bowl with a plate. Keep this for 3 days.
5. After one day you will see that sugar has converted into sugar syrup.
6. On third day most sugar syrup will be absorbed by amla.
7. Strain the amlas and collect amla syrup in another jar.( you can use this sugar syrup in making chutney).
8. Sun dry these pieces for 2 days. After two days coat them with powdered sugar and jeera powder and put this amla cady in a jar.
9. Tasty and healthy amla candy is ready to eat.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.