Arbi pator is favourite of my husband. Arbi or colocassia is an excellent source of vitamin C and E, potassium and magnesium.It is rich in fibre.
Arbi leaves: 7-8
Besan or Chickpea flour: 1 and half cup
Salt: 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Garam masla powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder: 2 tsp
Dried amchur powder: 1 tsp
Asafoetida or heeng: a pinch
Carrom seeds or ajwain: 1 tsp
Green chilli: 4-5
Oil: for frying
Lemon juice: 3-4 tbsp
1. Wash all leaves and cut the stems.
2. Sieve besan in a bowl . Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well. Add water and form a thick batter like a thick paste.
3. Put largest arbi leaf first and put it facing down. Apply besan batter on it. Put another leaf on it facing down and apply besan again.
Repeat the procedure with all leaves. First fold from the 2 sides and then roll
4. Steam the folded leaves in a steamer for 15-20 minutes. After that let it cool and cut it into pieces.
5. Heat oil on a tawa and shallow fry arbi pator till it becomes light brown and crispy.
6. Place it on a plate and spread lemon juice on them. Serve and enjoy.