Bharwan karele is a recipe which was usually made at Indian domestic kitchens during summers. Many people didn’t like karele because of its bitter taste. Bitter gourd or karele recipe which i am posting here contains added spices alongwith grinded onions and also kachhe aam . So here’s the recipe:
Bharwan karele: 5
Onions: 2 for masala stuffing
Kacche aam: 1/2
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder: 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder or saunf powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 3 tbsp
1. Rinse and peel karele. Make a vertical cut but don’t cut the base. Remove all the seeds. In the same way peel Onions and make 2 cuts in it.
2. For stuffing grind onions to a thick paste. Grate kacche aam. Mix grinded onions and kache aam and mix all the spices in it.
3. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add onion paste and kachhe aam . Fry for 3-4 minutes and add all the spices.
4. Fill these stuffing in karelas and also in onions.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add karelas and onions to it. Cook till karelas are cooked and become crispy and golden brown.
6. Serve karelas with phulkas .