Paneer tikka masala is my husband’s favorite. In this recipe paneer is marinated and then placed in rich and spicy gravy. Let’s makethis yummy paneer recipe.
Paneer: 250 gm
Hung curd:1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala:1/4 tsp
Turmeric or haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
Green capsicum: 1
Mustard oil or sarson ka tel: 2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste: 2tsp
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Dhania powder: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Cloves: 2 powdered
Cinnamon powdered or dalchini: a pinch
Badi elaichi : 1 powdered
Kasoori methi: 1 tbsp
Haldi powder: 1 tsp
Fresh cream: 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves : for garnishing
1. Cut paneer and green capsicum into cubes. Also cut tomato and onions into large pieces.
2. In a bowl add all spices, dahi and oil and put paneer, capsicum, tomato and onion.Mix well . Keep it in freeze for half an hour.
3.Arrange all pieces on skewers. Heat a tawa and place skewers on tawa. Apply some oil on tawa so that marinade pieces didn’t stick to tawa. Cook till marinated pieces turns light brown.
4.For gravy heat oil in a pan.
5. Put onions and tomato in a blender and blend it to a smooth paste.
6.Add ginger -garlic paste to oil. Add onion and tomato paste and saute for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
7. Add dalchini powder, cloves powder, badi elaichi powder, dhania powder, red chilli powder, haldi powder, jeera powder,black pepper powder and mix well and saute for another one or two minutes or till oil starts to leave.
8.Add fresh cream, garam masala , salt and cook for two minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water and cook by covering it with lid for two minutes.
9.Add marinated paneer, capsicum, onions, tomatoes and mix well.
10. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with roti or naan.