Baked vegetables in white sauce is yummy and delicious dish. Add loads of vegetables along with cheese and white sauce. My family likes it because they think this is the best way to serve them vegetables.
For making white sauce
Maida or refined flour : 1 tbsp
Butter: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1/4 cup
Capsicum(red, green, yellow): 1 cup cubes
Corn kernels: 1/4 cup boiled
Broccoli: 1/2 cup
Salt: to taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Oregano: 1/2 tsp
Dried basil: 1/4 tsp
Mozzarella cheese: 1/4 cup( you can also take cheese slices)
Brown bread slices: 2
1. First we’ll prepare white sauce. Heat butter in a pan and add refined flour. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
2.Add milk in parts and keep on stirring so that no lumps will form. Cook sauce till it becomes thick. It will take about 2-3 minutes. Add salt and black pepper and keep it aside.
3. Chop capsicum into cubes. Boil corn kernels. Cut broccoli in small lengthwise florets. Boil potatoes. Peel and cut potatoes lengthwise or like chips.
4. In a baking dish arrange potato at the bottom. Spread three- fourth of white sauce over it. Spread some oregano over it.
5. Spread half vegetables over it. Spread half cheese and white sauce over it.
6. Soak bread slices in water, squeeze out the water and spread crushed bread over vegetables.
7. Put remaining vegetables on the top. Spread left over cheese, oregano, dry basil.
8. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius. Put baking dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve hot and enjoy yummylicious cheesy vegetables.