Bhature is most popular Punjabi recipe. Bhaturas are deep fried Indian bread mostly eaten with cholle. Bhature-cholle are my family’s favorite food especially of my husband. Bhaturas are made by kneading maida. Baking powder is added to it so that kneaded dough rises up.
Refined flour or maida: 2 cup
Oil: 2 tbsp+ for deep frying
Yogurt or dahi : 1/2 cup
Salt: 1 tsp
Sugar: 2 tsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
Baking soda: a pinch
1. Put maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add dahi and oil in it and mix. Add little water to it and knead it to a soft dough.
3. Cover the dough with wet cloth. Keep it aside for 3-4 hours.
4. Divide dough into equal portions. Roll into balls. Roll out into 5-6 inch discs.
5. Heat oil in a kadai. Put bhaturas in it and fry bhaturas from both sides till light brown.
6. Place it on absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Enjoy with cholle.