Peda or Mathura peda is a special delicacy from Mathura. Pedas are yummy and soft nad just melts in mouth. It is quick and easy recipe and ingredients used are mawa or khoya, milk, sugar, saffron. Make this yummy sweet for raksha bandhan .
Khoya or mawa: 250 gm
Milk: 1 cup
Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup
Kesar or saffron strands: 4-5
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg or jayfal powder: 1/4 tsp
Pistachios: 2 tbsp chopped finely
1. Put saffron in hot milk for 10 minutes.
2. Place a kadai on stove. Add khoya or mawa and stir for five minutes. Add powdered sugar and kepp stirring mawa and sugar until becomes smooth.
3. Now add saffron milk. Add half milk and keep stirring until it is absorbed. Add other half and keep on stirring until it too gets absorbed and evaporated.
4. When ghee starts leaving the edges add pistachios, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Mix well and switch off the gas.
5. Make round balls fro the mixture. It makes about 10 -12 pedas. Flatten them with your palms. Form a design over it with help of toothpick.
6. Yummy soft pedas are ready to serve.