Kheer is a kind of rice pudding made by boiling rice with milk, sugar, ghee and then garnished with dry fruits like almonds, pistachios cashew nuts. Kheer is made in India on festivals, special occasions and can also be served as sweet dessert in parties.
Basmati rice: 1/4 cup
Full fat organic milk: 1 litre
Sugar: 5-6 tbsp
Almonds: 7-8 chopped
Pistachios: 5-6 chopped
Cashew nuts: 5-6 chopped
Green cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and soak rice for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cook rice by adding double amount of water. Cook rice till 3/4 th done.
3. In a heavy bottom pan add milk and let it simmer on medium flame for 5 minutes. Add cooked rice and let rice and milk simmer. Stir in between. Cook till milk thickens and rice gets mixed completely. Whole process will take about 30-35 minutes.
4. When rice gets mixed completely add sugar. Cook for few minutes. Keep in mind that sugar didn’t gets stick to bottom. Stir in between.
5. Add chopped dry fruits, cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Kheer is ready to serve. You can serve it hot or you can keep it in freeze and can enjoy “Thandi thandi” kheer.