A simple and easy soup which is favorite of many people. I also used to prefer tomato soup over all other soups. A red delicious soup which is very healthy and has many nutritional values. Tomatoes contains lycopene which serves as antioxidant. Also it is a rich source of vatamin A an C.
Ginger: 1/2 tbsp grated
Garlic: 3-4 cloves finely chopped
Salt: to taste
Sugar: 1 tbsp
Oil: 1 /2 tbsp
Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Bay leaves: 2
Cream : 1 tbsp
1. Cut tomatoes in quarters. Put it in pressure cooker and add ginger. Add about 3 cups of water. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame after 1 whistle. Let it cool completely.
2. Strain the blended mixture and reserve the liquid.Put the left over residue (tomatoes) in a blender and blend them to smooth paste. Pass this to strainer and collect puree.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaves. Add chopped garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add pureed tomatoes and tomato liquid . Add salt, black pepper powder, sugar and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve hot by garnishing with cream.