Pasta is an Italian dish. Earlier i had posted creamy red sauce pasta, chilled pasta salad. Today i am posting white sauce pasta recipe which is favorite of my sister in law. She asked me to post this recipe. She loves cheesy flavor very much so i am adding cheese in a little larger quantity.
Penne pasta : 250 gm
Carrots: 1 chopped
French beans: 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum: 1 chopped
Makai ke dane or corn kernels: 1/4 cup
Mushroom: 1/4 cup( i did’t use as they were not available in summers)
Salt: to taste
Dried oregano: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1/4 tsp
Dry red chilli flakes: 1/4 tsp
Grated processed cheese: 3-4 tbsp + for garnishing
Butter: 2 tbsp
Refined flour or maida: 2 tbsp
Milk: 1 cup
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
1. Heat 4 cups of water in a pan. Add 1 tsp salt and a little oil to it. Put pasta in boiling water and cook till it becomes soft.
2. Drain excess water, rinse with water. Drain water again and keep aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add all vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes till veggies become soft. But don’t overcook them, veggies must have some crunch in it.
4. Heat butter in a kadai. Add maida and cook for a minute on low flame. Add milk and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or till sauce become thick.
5. Add all cooked veggies along with salt, black pepper, oregano, dry chilli flakes and cheese.
6. Add pasta and mix well. Cook for 2 more minutes.
7. Serve hot. Garnish with some more grated cheese for more cheesy flavor.