Servings: 3-4 people
For aloo sabji
Potatoes: 3 peeled and diced
Onion: 1 chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Ginger: 1 inch piece finely chopped
Cumin seeds or jeera: 1/2 tsp
Salt: to taste
Haldi powder: 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Coriander: for garnishing
Oil: 2 tbsp
Whole weat flour or atta: 2 cup
Oil: 2 tbsp
Salt: 1 tsp
Ajwain : 1 tsp
Water : to knead dough
Oil: for deep frying pooris
For Aloo sabji:
1. Heat oil in cooker. Add jeera ,when it starts to crackle add ginger, onions and saute for two minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes become soft and pureed.
3. Add salt, haldi powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder and mix .
4. Add diced potatoes and 2 cups water. Close the lid of cooker and pressure cook sabji on low flame for 5-7 minutes after 1st whistle.(till 1st whistle cook on high flame.)
5. At the time of serving sprinkle garam masala and mix . Garnish with coriander leaves.
1.Mix all the ingredients given above for pooris. Knead a stiff dough using water. Dough should be smooth. Keep it aside for half an hour.
2.Divide the dough into equal portions. Apply little oil over each portion and roll them into circles which should not be very thin.
3.Heat oil in a kadai and put a poori in it. It will puff up. Turn it and fry poori from both sides.
4. Serve pooris with aloo sabji.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.