Amla or goose berry is rich source of iron an vitamin C. You can make different recipes from amla as amla achar, murabba, chutney etc….and the list is long. Here i am presenting to you easy method of amla acharr. This is the simplest way of adding amla in your daily meals.
Amla or gooseberry: 500 gm
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 cup
Haldi: 2 tbsp
Methi seeds: 1 tbsp
Mustard oil or sarson ka tel: 1/2 cup( Add more oil if you want to preserve achar for long time.)
Heeng: 1/2 tsp
Rai: 1 tsp
Dry red chilli : 2-3
1. Wash amla. Boil amlas in water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and allow them to cool. You can either discard the seeds by cutting them to wedges or keep them as it is. I am not removing seeds here.
2. In a bowl put amlas. Then add salt, red chilli powder, haldi and mix well.
3. Heat oil . Add methi seeds, rai or mustard seeds, dried red chili and heeng.
4.When they starts to splutter, add amla and cook by covering them with lid for 3-4 minutes.
5. Put the pickle in sterilized glass jar. Keep it in sun for 3-4 days.
6. You can eat this pickle from day one but after 3-4 days it tastes better.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.