Tikkis are everyone favorite. But aloo ki tikki fried in ghee is very rich in calories. So i tried today something new. I used beetroot or chukandar with so many other vegetables and used oil or ghee in minimum quantity. You can eat these tikkis during your diet sessions also as they are full of nutrition and very low in calories. They are good option for kids as well. If you want to make them for your kids add cheese and shallow fry them with ghee.
Potato: 1 small boiled potato
Capsicum: 2-3( red, yellow, green)
Onion: 1 chopped
Carrot: 1 grated
Corns: 2 tbsp boiled and mashed
Ginger: 1/2 tsp grated
Coriander: 1 tbsp finely chopped
Beans: 5-7 finely chopped
Cheese: 4 tbsp grated if making for kids.
Salt: to taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Amchoor powder: 1/ 4tsp
Oil: 1 tsp( I am using oil in minimum quantity as this is low calorie food)
1. Add mashed potatoes, beetroot, chopped capsicum, grated carrot, coriander, beans, ginger, corns, onion in a mixing bowl and mix them.
2. Add all spices and mix them well.
3. Form tikkis from this mixture.
4. Heat oil on a tawa and put tikkis on it.
5. Cook these tikkis till crispy and golden brown. Enjoy.