Moong dal or split green moong dal is very easy to digest. It is very healthy dal as it has high protein content and is usually made in Indian kitchens. Some people like to give tadka or seasoning of only ghee and cumin seeds or jeera but i am using onions, and tomatoes for tadka.
Moong dal: 1/2 cup
Water: 1 cup
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Onion: 1 chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
Coriander: for garnishing
Ghee: 2 tbsp
1. Wash moong dal and put it in pressure cooker. Add turmeric powder, salt. After 1 st whistle cook it on low heat for 15- 20 minutes.
2. Let it cool down and then open the lid.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in kadai. Add cumin seeds. When they starts to splatter add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for a minute on low flame.
4. Add chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add red chili powder, jeera powder, coriander powder and saute.
5. Add this masala to dal . Add garam masala and cook dal for 5 minutes on high flame by covering lid of the pressure cooker.
6. Put dal in serving bowl and garnish with coriander. Serve daal with rice or with chapatis.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.