Wheat and jaggery cake which i tried recently is very tasty and healthy cake. Jaggery is healthier option than sugar as it is made from unrefined sugar. This cake is especially for my mothe-in -law who never eats cake. This is the first time she tried cake as it is made from healthy ingredients.
Servings: 4-5 people
Gur or jaggery: 1 cup
Ghee: 1 cup
Buttermilk or chaach: 1 cup
Maida: 1/2 cup
Atta: 1 and half cup cup
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg or jaiphal powder: 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder: 1/4 tsp
Almonds: 8-10 chopped
Walnuts: 6-7 chopped
1. Sieve atta, maida, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, jaiphal powder and mix them together. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. Crumble gur or jaggery. Now put gur in a pan. Add 1/4 cup water and melt on low flame. When foam starts appearing switch off the flame.
3. Add melted ghee to melted gur. Mix well.
4. Now add half of the maida-atta mix in gur syrup. Also add half of butter milk and mix them well.
5. Again add other half of atta-maida mix and remaining buttermilk and mix them well. If batter becomes very stiff add little water to it.
6. Pour the mixture in greased baking tray. Sprinkle chopped dry fruits over it.
7. Cook in preheated oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degree celsius. If your knife comes out clean then cake is ready.
8. Cool it, make slices and serve.