Kulcha sandwich is a snack which we usually find in Delhi schools, colleges canteens, metro stations. I love the cheese and spicy filing of these kulchas. I am using ready made kulchas here. Stuffing which i had prepared consists of potato, paneer, cheese, spices and chutneys. What i like most about preparing these kulchas is they are easy to prepare.
Readymade kulchas: 8
Potato: 2 boiled and mashed
Paneer: 100 gm
Corn kernels: 1/2 cup boiled
Onion: 1 chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Haldi powder: 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Amchur powder or dry mango powder: 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala: 1/2 tsp
Butter: 2 tbsp+ for shallow frying kulchas
Tomato ketchup: 3-4 tbsp
Green chili sauce: 3-4 tbsp
1. Heat butter in a pan. Add chopped onions and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes becomes soft. Add haldi powder, red chili powder, jeera powder , amchur powder and cook for a while.
3. Add mashed potatoes, boiled corn kernels, mashed paneer and mix them well. Add garam masala, chaat masala, tomato ketchup, green chili sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
4. Our filing is ready.
5. Now heat a non-stick tawa. Put little butter over it. Put one kulcha over it and cook from both sides till kulchas become soft and light brown. Repeat the procedure with remaining kulchas.
6. Now spread filling on one kulcha and cover it with other kulcha. Kulcha sanwich is ready to serve. Divide it into half and enjoy yummy kulcha sandwich.