Phool makahne ki kheer or foxnuts kheer is a Navratri recipe . It is a sweet dessert which i used to prepare during navratri fast . Try out this yummy creamy makhana kheer and enjoy your fasting days.
Makahane : 200 gm
Kaju or cashew nuts: 15-20
Sugar: 5-6 tbsp
Milk: 1/2 kg
Saffron strands: a few
Pistachios: for garnish
Ghee: 4 tbsp
Green cardamom or hari elachi: 2-3
1. Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew and makhane. Roast them on medium flame till they become golden brown.
2. In a heavy bottom pan add milk. Let it come to boil. Cook it on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
3. In the meantime grind half makhanas and kaju. Also grind green cardamoms.
4. Add this grinded mixture to boiling milk and also add sugar. Put saffron strands in 2 tbsp milk and then add these saffron strands to boiling milk.
5. Add remaining makhanas and kaju to boiling milk and cook for 10 minutes on low flame or till milk thickens a bit. Keep stirring in between.
6. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve warm or chilled.