Bhindi is a common Indian household vegetable recipe. Bhindi is usually made during summers in India. It is a dry sabji recipe which goes well with parathas or chapatis.
Bhindi: 250 gm
Onions: 2 sliced
Tomatoes: 1 chopped
Green chili: 1 chopped
Salt: to taste
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder: 1/4 tsp
Amchur powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 3 tbsp( i am using mustard oil)
1. Wash bhindi or okra and then dry them with a kitchen towel. Remove base and stalk and then chop bhindi.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and haldi powder.
3. Add chopped onion and saute on medium heat till they become golden brown. Add tomatoes, green chili and cook till they become soft.
4. Add chopped bhindi and cook. Don’t cover with lid. Cook bhindi in an open pan.
5. Add salt, red chili powder, jeera powder, amchur powder and mix. Cook bhindi for 12-15 minutes on low heat.
6. Add garam masala and coriander powder. Put it in serving bowl and serve with chapatis or parathas.