Palak paneer recipe is from North India. In this Paneer is cooked in spinach or palak gravy along with spices. It is an easy and delicious recipe. Both paneer and palak are very healthy for all age groups.
For palak puree
Palak: 200 gm
Green chilli: 1 roughly chopped
Water: 1/2 cup
For palak gravy
Onions: 2 chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Ginger paste: 2tsp
Garlic paste: 2 tsp
Paneer: 200 gm
Oil: 3 tbsp
Jeera or cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Green chilli: 1 chopped
Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream: 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi: 2 tsp
For palak puree:
1. Remove stems of palak and wash palak leaves in cold water. Boil water in a pan and add palak leaves. After 2 minutes strain palak leaves.
2. Put palak leaves in cold water, drain the water and grind palak in grinder adding green chilli. Keep palak puree aside.
3. In a grinder add onions and tomatoes and form a puree.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they starts to crackle add ginger- garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5.Add onions and tomato puree and cook till oil starts to leave. Add haldi powder, red chilli powder and stir well.
6. Add palak puree and salt and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
7.Add paneer cubes and garam masala. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
8. Finally add fresh cream . Serve hot with chapatis.