Kathi rolls are crispy rotis with filling of your choice be it vegetable , eggs , paneer, chicken or any other thing . I am using paneer here . Paneer is not only healthy but tasty too. Paneer is a good source of protein . They are a good option for your kids lunch box too.
Curd or dahi: 1/2 cup
Ginger paste: 1tsp
Garlic paste : 1tsp
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam masala: 1/4tsp
Chaat masala: 1/4tsp
Turmeric or haldi powder: 1/4tsp
Kasuri methi : 1/4tsp
For Paneer tikka fillings:
Paneer cubes: 1 cup
Capsicum: 1 cup chopped
Tomatoes: 1 chopped
Wheat flour: 3/4 cup
Maida: 1/4 cup
Salt: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/2 cup
Some more ingredients:
1.Mix all ingredients of marinade in a bowl. Add paneer cubes, tomato,onions,capsicum cubes to the marinade and set aside for half an hour.
2. Add maida,wheat flour ,salt, and milk. Knead into a soft dough. Add a little water if required.Keep it aside for half an hour.
3. Divide dough into eight equal portions. Roll out each into thin chapatis.Then heat a tawa and cook chapatis from both sides.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add marinade mixture to the oil.Cook for five minutes on low flame or till it dries out completely.
5. Now place chapati on tawa. Place marinade mixture in centre . Put onion rings on it and sprinkle chaat masala.
6. Roll chapatis and shallow fry on tawa by adding butter.
7.When you want to serve kathi rolls cover the lower half with foil paper and serve with chutney of your choice.