Vermicelli upma is south Indian breakfast recipe. Upma is traditionally made of sooji but vermicelli upma is equally good as sooji upma. This upma is good option for breakfast and is light on stomach.
Vermicelli: 2 cups
Onion: 2 chopped
Tomatoes: 2 chopped
Capsicum: 2 chopped
Carrot: 1 chopped
Peas: 1/4 cup boiled
Mustard seeds or rai: 1 tbsp
Dry red chili: 1 broken in pieces
Salt: to taste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder : 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Oil: 2 tbsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 5-6
Water: 1 cup
1. Dry roast vermicelli in a kadai or you can also use roasted vermicelli.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chilli . Also add urad dal fry till it gets brown.
4. Add carrot, capsicum and boiled peas . Add salt, red chili powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add jeera powder. Add vermicelli and put water in it .
6. Cook for 5 minutes by covering pan or kadai with a lid.
7. After 5-6 minutes when vermicelli is cooked and become soft add lemon juice and mix well.
8. Serve vermicelli and enjoy your healthy brekfast.
Like Delicious.Desi on Facebook.